Monday, January 16, 2006
Haven't posted much lately...
It has been a long time since my last post and so much has happened. By now we have moved to a new house, Audrey was born last month, Christmas came with lots of toys, Jorge got married to Angie, I got a promotion at work... So many details. The thing that made me post today is that last night, and this has happened a few times since we moved, I was lying in bed thinking about how in 15 years I will be 50, and Luis will be off to college. Luis you are just 3 and a half now and when I think about how the little boy that I love to play with is going to grow up and will be gone forever from my life... that thought makes me very sad. No matter who he is replaced with, that little boy will always be in my heart - with a big mischevious grin on his face and some trick up his sleeve. Miriam, you are still a small enough girl that I don't see the transition starting for you yet, but for your brother, the countdown has already started. Perhaps, God willing, when you both are parents you will understand the feeling of dread that comes from realizing that your kids are growing up and the ones you grow so fond of can't stay with you forever. It is that way with all things, come to think of it. I once wrote about this when I was thinking of my sister. As much as you can try to enjoy life while you are living it, it is never enough. Savor it if you can because you can't keep it.
